Title: Direct Support Professional
Reports To: Adult Services Program Manager
FLSA: Hourly/Non-Exempt Full Time (30-40 hours per week)
Job Description: To provide individualized care and assistance that will help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to reinforce skills at a base site program; in the community; and/or in residential setting. Services and Supports include assistance with acquisition, retention or improvement in life skills, self-help, socialization and adaptive skills. Activities and environments are designed to foster the acquisition of skills, appropriate behavior, greater independence, and personal choice. Services that fall under this category: Specialized Habilitation; Supported Community Connection; Supported Living Services; Residential and/or Vocational.
- Adherence to State regulations and service definitions;
- Insure policies and procedures for CCI are followed;
- Understand and implement the Service Plan of persons receiving services. Participate in the assessment of individuals as requested;
- Understand and implement all Individual Service & Support Plans (ISSP) as identified in the service plan;
- Understand and follow any client specific protocols, rights suspensions or safety control procedures;
- Assist in personal care when needed. This may include, but is not limited to bathing, toileting, changing adult diapers, dressing, etc.;
- Recognize potential health and safety hazards for all participants and other staff during activities and take the necessary steps to avoid them. Understand emergency protocols for communication and response to emergencies for all service locations in the community, at the day program base site, and while in the residential setting;
- Provide opportunity for community involvement and promote independence;
- Transport individuals to activities as needed using company owned vehicles or staff owned vehicles. Follow proper procedures to record information for company owned vehicles utilizing the provided checklist or informing your supervisor;
- Complete necessary housekeeping tasks each shift;
- Complete required trainings within 90-day period;
- Administer medications appropriately and accurately once Medication Certified;
- Attend meetings when required;
- Maintain appropriate paperwork assuring proper documentation is completed by the end of every shift;
- Encourage individuals to participate in community;
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner;
- Turn in completed timesheet and mileage sheets accurately and timely;
- Maintain communication with Supervisor and administrative staff;
- Work with others in a positive manner in a team oriented environment;
- Work with minimal supervision and to recognize situations where assistance is needed;
- Perform duties and conduct interactions with agency staff, persons served, and the public in a manner consistent with CCI values;
- Deal with stress and stressful situations in an effective, productive manner;
- Promote and maintain appropriate professional and ethical relationships;
- Must accommodate any shift needs as they change, according to availability from application;
- Complete other tasks as delegated;
- Any and all reasonable duties as assigned.
· Command skills
· Dealing with paradox
· Integrity and trust
· Motivating Others
· Use of resources
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Good organizational and writing skills
- Knowledge of community activities
- Computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Flexible and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to commute for business, when needed. If driving, must possess a drivers’ license in the state they reside and current auto insurance.
- Satisfactory completion of all background checks and references, including Motor Vehicle Record is required.***
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED
Physical Demands of the Job: These essential tasks may be performed with or without accommodations, or with assistive technology. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be stationary, move indoors and within the community, position self, use objects, communicate verbally, in writing, and via in-person, computer and phone, and observe. The employee may be required to lift heavy weights up to and over 50 lbs. such as assisting and transferring individuals independently, two man, or with adaptive equipment from wheelchairs, beds, showers, etc. The employee may be required to travel independently or with passengers to meetings, training, and other community activities.
***Please consult Human Resources for questions regarding specific criminal convictions and/or traffic violations that may preclude employment.
We are seeking three (3) qualified candidates for this exciting opportunity. Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities? $13.58 per hour. Positions are full time with benefits available. Please complete an online application at www.communityconnectionsco.org - Employment Tab. Accepting applications until positions are filled. EOE
Compensation: $13.58 per hour
Community Connections creates opportunities for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead healthy and fulfilling lives in our community.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)